Review of the Movie: Pattalam
A different tale, the story is set on the backdrop of the Holy Bells school and this has two groups of four adolescent teenagers each. As usual, both groups have rivalries and in this process they tend to get indiscipline and even violent at times. At this point comes Daisy (Nadiya) who is the correspondent of the school, she is also the in charge of a mental asylum and having noticed the group clashes, she realizes that the solution for this is through affection and not punishment. Soon, she begins to counsel the groups and introduces few innovative ways due to which the groups come together and becomes one. They also go on to win an athletic championship but then one incident happens that leaves a lasting impact on them. What is that incident and what happens after that forms the rest of the story.
Okay now for the critics from me:
1. The story is good but could have done better in the screenplay.
2. The music is okay could have been better.
3. When they knew these teenagers have been rival since god knows when, should she have tried to unify them before itself.
4. I find it not so different from KKK because as we can see they have almost the same guys in both the groups and also they have the same old fights which happen in KKK.
5. It doesn’t have an Tamil background to it. Its more like a Malayalam film. No Offense guys but it is not just the same.
6. The girl in the movie acts as if she is a child not a 12th std girl.
7.The film could have been a lot better if the script was crisper and focused on some entertaining elements.
8. The best part of the movie is NADIYA. She was just awesome and I except more movies from her.
Good in parts, just okay.
My ratings: 3/5