There are still some who make life living. Like mothers, babies and friends! The last, being the most likely to make that happen. Perhaps it all began when Adam was lost in the world called ‘Paradise’. When Eve found out the person she was going to find company in, she wasn’t sure what name she’d put to this newfound company. I think all of us innately can never put any definitive name to ‘friendship’. Its one feeling of togetherness that can never stand in comparison to another relation in the world!
Friends for Life
While there are some things that remain constant in life, like love and marriage, taxes and cranky husbands, so is friendship! The only difference is that friends live on for a lifetime! Amidst crises, small and big, blood relations somehow come in the last lap of the scenario. Every woman needs a friend because friends make life worth living! It’s only friends who handle a mishap and mend a broken heart. Friends are the first to handle everything from celebrations to accidents to even domestic calamities. I think God made friends to make us life live the way we want.
They accept us the way we are and we on the other hand neglectfully handle. They are like the Almighty’s first impression while trotting on the path of life! While in school, we all learn to make friends and share parts of our life. But it is not always that we like to take the instructions off hand. We actually spend most of the time being within our world, with our own little selfish selves. With Teenage coming in and what seems like an era of identity crises galore, it is only friends who can actually understand what the ‘real’ feeling at the time is! Parents aside, its only natural to have a friend speak to you and impart that timely advise no other blood relation could ever convince you with.
It is no wonder that most politicians do not have as many friends as compared to the many advisors that thwart their way of accurate thinking! Man being the lonely animal that he is, it’s only natural to define any person associated with you to be first identified as a friend! Some food for thought Pal!
Thank you Guria
for tagging me.. :):)
Something here are known by anyone who know me personally… revealing secrets.. God help me..:P
1. Graduated high school.
2. Kissed someone.
3. Smoked a cigarette. (10th standard holidays :D)
4. Got so drunk you passed out. (Passed out totally..; P, everyone tries, recently in Paris)
5. Rode every ride at an amusement park.
6. Collected something stupid.
7. Gone to a rock concert.
8. Helped someone.
9. Gone fishing.
10. Watched four movies in one night.
11. Lied to someone.
12. Snorted cocaine.
13. Smoked weed.
14. Failed a subject. (Of course duh?? Who wouldn’t have?)
15. Been in a car accident. 16. Been in a tornado. 17. Watched someone die. (I hope I never do)
18. Been to a funeral.
19. Burned yourself. (Many times!!)
20. Run a marathon.
21. Cried yourself to sleep.
22. Spent over 10,000 bucks in one day.
23. Flown on an airplane.
24. Cheated on someone.
25. Been cheated on.
26. Written a 10 page letter. (I’ve written a 5 page letter)
27. Gone skiing.
28. Been sailing.
29. Cut yourself.
30. Had a best friend. (Still have one.. Love you pavitra)
31. Lost someone you loved.
32. Got into trouble for something you didn’t do.
33. Stolen a book from the library. (I dint do it literally, I just forgot to give it back).
34. Gone to a different country. (I am in a different country nowLL… But nothing like India).
35. Watched the Harry Potter movies.(Zillion times)
37. Fired a gun.
38. Gambled in a casino. (Never seen one too)
39. Been in a school play.
40. Been fired from a job. (Not yet JJ)
41. Taken a lie detector test. 42. Swam with dolphins. 43. Voted for someone on a reality TV show.
44. Written poetry.
45. Read more than 20 books a year. (Studying in IIPM did pay of atleast like this)
46. Gone to Europe. (LOVELY PLACE…)
47. Loved someone you shouldn’t have.
48. Used a colouring book over age 12. (Still use it with my cuz pooja.)
49. Had a surgery.
50. Had stitches. (Fractured my hand when I was 11).
51. Taken a Taxi. (Everyday now)
52. Had more than 5 IM conversations going on at once.
53. Been in a fist fight.
54. Suffered any form of abuse.
55. Had a pet. (a dog, Raja… but he died immediately after my grandpa passed away).
56. Petted a wild animal. 57. Had your own credit card & bought something with it. (Will never use one). 58. Dyed your hair.
59. Got a tattoo.
60. Had something pierced. (EARS :D)
61. Got straight A’s.
62. Known someone personally with HIV or AIDS.
63. Taken pictures with a webcam.
64. Lost something expensive. (I am so forgetful.. Lose a lot)
65. Gone to sleep with music on.
Tag whoever reads this..
Have you ever sat in the dark
And cried out at all the painful things done to your heart?
Have you ever gone back to that instant
To a place, a time, where you could let your feelings ‘represent’?
Have you ever closed your eyes and dreamed
About a quiet place where someone actually heard you scream?
Where someone would care for you
Like you deserve, like loved ones in fairy tales do?
Have you ever picked up that sharpened knife
And seriously thought about ending your life?
Have you ever placed that blade
Against your wrist as you let all other thoughts fade?
Have you ever dug deep in your soul
Searching for a happy place; finding a hole?
Have you ever looked death in the eyes
And almost believed, almost accepted those lies?
Well, I have… yes this is me
Now you can make the decision on whether I am to be believed.
Its not worth the horror drain
On your emotions, the endless pain.
Take it from one who knows
When you have faith in yourself, it shows.
Don’t give up this life yet
Your destiny is your own to set.
This poem was an inspiration from the already blogged thoughts by Mother Teresa.
People may be selfish, cruel, and 2-faced.
You do good anyway.
If you are happy and content in life, people will be jealous.
Be happy and do good anyway.
When you give your best, it may not be good enough.
Give your best shot and do good anyway.
When you are honest and true to heart, people may deceive you.
Be honest and do good anyway.
When you are rich and successful, you will have many friends who aren’t real friends.
Treat them well and do good anyway.
When you are kind and helpful, people will accuse you of have some motive.
Be kind and do good anyway.
When you do something bad, it will be remembered for years. When you do something good, it will be forgotten in a day.
Nevertheless, do good anyway.
God is there watching from up above, no good deed goes unnoticed.
So do good anyway.
The one you are,
Is the one I love.
If you weren’t you,
Then I wouldn’t have loved you.
I would have loved who?
You allow me to be me,
And you always be you.
Let the world see,
How much I love you.
He loved me… once
ONCE all my heart needed and wanted and craved. I felt solitude in the fact that his heart once belonged to me… even for just a fleeting moment- I knew it was mine.
He was always the fickle type – he never let me know too much but always fed me just enough to keep me close to him, clinging onto him, just enough to keep me wanting more of him.
I hate him for this. I hated him…
I hate him for all that he was… but nothing that he is. I don’t know him anymore.
Nothing that I am… Nothing that I am without anything of him….